Noun Past Questions For PAD868 – COMPARATIVE PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION. Locate the download button below to download the Noun Past Questions for PUBLIC PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT Department.
NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
PLOT 91, CADASTRAL ZONE, NNAMDI AZIKIWE EXPRESS WAY, JABI-ABUJA
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
NOVEMBER 2018 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: PAD868 CREDIT UNITS: 3
COURSE TITLE: COMPARATIVE PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
INSTRUCTION: 1. Indicate your Matriculation Number clearly.
2. Attempt question one (1) and any other three (3) questions; four questions in all.
3. Question one (1) is compulsory and carries 25 marks, while the other questions carry 15 marks each.
4. Present all your points in a coherent and orderly Manner
TIME ALLOWED: 2½ Hours
1a. For analytical convenience, administration can be defined from three perspectives. Explain these Perspectives. 15 Marks
b. Present a logical argument in favour of Public Administration as a Management discipline.
2. Commonalities and contrasts are the concerns of Administration. Discuss five major areas on which focus can be directed in Comparative Public Administration. 15 Marks
3. Comparative Public Administration as a field of specialization and as an approach in Public Administration is associated with certain problems. Discuss five of the problems. 15 Marks
4a. With relevant examples, explain the concept of Elite. 3 Marks
b. Discuss three main arguments of the elite theory of Comparative Public Administration
5. Identify and explain five of the administrative bottlenecks encountered in Africa by the Europeans after Colonizing the African States. 15 Marks
6. The adoption of the Traditional Model of the study of Public Administration has some weaknesses. Discuss five of the weaknesses. 15 Marks