Last Updated on January 25, 2021
Noun Past Questions For MPA854 – PUBLIC Enterprises Management. Locate the download button below to download the Noun Past Questions for PUBLIC Enterprises Management.
NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
Plot 91, Cadastral Zone, Nnamdi Azikiwe Express Way, Jabi – Abuja
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
COURSE CODE: MPA854
COURSE TITLE: PUBLIC Enterprises Management CREDIT UNITS: 2
INSTRUCTION: 1. Indicate your Matriculation Number clearly.
2. Attempt question one (1) and any other two (2) questions – three questions in all
3. Question one (1) is compulsory and carries 30 marks, while the other questions carry 20 marks each.
4. Present all your points in coherent and orderly Manner TIME ALLOWED: 2 Hours
1. (a) What do you understand by Public Enterprises? (10 marks)
(b) Outline and explain five (5) characteristics of Public Enterprises. (10 marks)
(c) Enumerate and explain the major classifications of Public Enterprises. (10 marks)
2. (a) Describe the various ways of creating Public Enterprises. (5marks)
(b) Explain the reasons for the establishment of Public Enterprises. (15marks)
3. (a). Define and elaborate on the meaning of Organisation. (2.5 marks)
(b) Discuss the basic characteristics of an Organisation. (5 marks)
(c) Explain types of Organisation. (7.5 marks)
4. (a) Explain the basic principles of the Civil Service. (5 marks)
(b) Outline and discuss the major features and functions of the Civil Service. (15 marks)
5. (a) Why was the Ayida Panel set up in 1994? (5 marks)
(b) Discuss the major decisions of the Federal Government of Nigeria in the Government white paper of June, 1997 on the recommendations of Ayida Panel in 1995. (10 marks)