Noun Past Questions For PAD870 – PUBLIC PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT. Locate the download button below to download the Noun Past Questions for PUBLIC PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT Department.
NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
Plot 91, Cadastral Zone, NnamdiAzikiwe Express Way, Jabi– Abuja
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
NOVEMBER 2018 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: PAD 870 CREDIT UNITS: 2
COURSE TITLE: LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION
INSTRUCTION: 1. Indicate your Matriculation Number clearly
2. Attempt question one (1) and any other three (2) questions – four questions in all
3. Question one (1) is compulsory and carries 30marks, while the other questions carry 20 marks each.
4. Present all your points in coherent and orderly Manner
TIME ALLOWED: 2Hrs
1. a. Define the term “Local government administration”
b. Identify and discuss the main role of local government
c. Examinefive characteristics of a Local government.
d. Attempt a justification control of local government
[Compulsory, 30marks] 2. Explain the following theories of Local government and state three advantages and disadvantages it of each:
b. Democratic – participation [20marks]
3. a. What do you understand by IGR?
b. List the type of relationship in federal state system
c. Explain any three which relate to local government [20marks]
4. a) Classify and explain the major units of local government in the United States of America.
b) Elaborate on the democratic nature of American local government. [20marks]
5. a) On what basis is a Head of department appointed and promoted in Nigerian local government system?
b) Examine sources of local government revenue in Nigeria. [20marks]